Always Buy Natural Mosquito Repellent Patches! Say NO to Chemicals!
Always Buy Natural Mosquito Repellent Patches! We all want to protect our children from disease – but we often don’t make the right choices when it comes to keeping our kids safe from both diseases from mosquitoes and the chemicals inside the sprays we use to repel them.
In this article, I’ll discuss why natural ingredient mosquito repellent patches are the safest way to protect your kids from these pests.
Safe-O-Mos Natural Mosquito Repellent Patches Contain No Dangerous Chemicals
Mosquito repellent sprays can contain many chemical substances that are harmful to your child.
These harmful chemicals include –
- DEET – a pesticide that also melts plastic.
- Permethrin – a neurotoxin that is carcinogenic as per the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Permethrin is capable of causing lung tumors, liver tumors, immune system problems, and chromosomal abnormalities.
- Picardin – a pesticide causing skin and eye irritation
- Eucalyptus – causes skin irritation, difficulty breathing and seizures
Because of industry marketing, people may not connect mosquito repellent spray with the pesticides that compose them.
Think about it.
If you wouldn’t slather weed killer on your skin, why would you put the same pesticides on your child’s skin just because they comes in a packaging as a mosquito repellent?
There are now studies that show there are long-term adverse effects to the number of pesticides in the environment. These studies done by the Environmental Protection Agency show that exposure to insect repellents and other pesticides pus you at higher risk of all types of cancers – blood, brain, lymph system, soft tissues, stomach, prostate, and breast.
In your children, exposure to insect repellents also increases the risk of various forms of cancer. Moreover, it also weakens their maturing immune systems. It goes without saying that pregnant woman and children should avoid exposure to chemical repellents and pesticides. Studies are increasingly linking pesticides and repellents with birth defects as well as growth and development issues.
Why Natural Mosquito Repellent Patches Are Safer Than Sprays
Mosquito repellent patches are much safer to use than spray mosquito repellent.
With spray mosquito repellent you have to follow complicated safety precautions with your kids.
These precautions include –
- Apply repellents only to exposed skin or clothing – repellants should never be applied under clothing.
- You have to be very careful to never use mosquito repellents on cuts or any type of wound or irritated skin
- You have to be careful to never let children handle repellent sprays or lotions – only adults should apply the spray or lotion by spreading it on your hands and then your kid’s.
- Also, one must be careful not to apply mosquito repellent spray to your kid’s hands. Take utmost caution especially around your child’s eyes and mouth
- If you use repellents many times during the day or on consecutive days, remember to wash your child’ skin with soap and water or take a shower or bath to remove the repellent.
- If you notice your child getting a rash or other skin reaction from applications of the spray repellent you need to immediately wash his or skin with water and a mild soap. Then call your local poison center for further steps. If you are instructed to go to your physician make sure you take the mosquito spray with you.
- When using a mosquito repellent spray you cannot combine it with sunscreen (unlike a mosquito repellent patch)
Look for natural based mosquito repellent patches or bands.
Natural mosquito repellent patches or bands are longer lasting, and some can even be “recharged” by taking out the used patch and replacing it with a fresh one.
These bands also have the advantage of not causing discomfort due to sticking to your child’s skin and also not being oily or messy.
Natural Mosquito Repellent Patches Are The Best For Your Children
You should avoid all chemical-based mosquito repellent sprays or lotions.
Use only clinically proven and natural base mosquito repellent patches. Make sure to buy mosquito patches that are specially blended against a variety of mosquito-borne diseases like Zika and Malaria.
The mosquito repellent patches from Safe O Mos, for instance, are safe and use no chemicals such as DEET or Picaridin.
These patches employ 6 synergistic safe & natural ingredients blended in right ratios.
The Safe O Mos products have a pleasant odor are effective and reusable. Not only do they repel deadly mosquitos but they save you money while they do it!
About Safe-O-Kid Mosquito Repellant Products (A Part of Baby Safety Inc)
Safe-O-Kid range of mosquito repellent products is the safest way to protect little ones from mosquito bites both inside the house and outside. We design our products especially for kids and are tested by international experts for lasting effectiveness and zero side effects.
Being a brand totally for children’s safety, Safe-O-Kid does NOT use any ingredients harmful for kids (No Eucalyptus extracts and No DEET/ Picardin/Alcohol like chemicals) as such ingredients might interfere with child’s nervous and respiratory systems and cause discomfort or severe side effects like seizures.
- Mosquito Patches for Kids? How safe are these?
- Organic Mosquito Repellent Patches: Best for Babies
- Benefits Of Anti-Mosquito Patches For Kids
- Say No to Mosquito, Use Natural Mosquito Patches For Babies