High Chair : Is Your Baby Ready For it?
A high chair is one of the essential baby gears that you will need to feed your baby. Most parents are excited about this phase since it gives them a little breather while feeding their babies. Along with that , the kid can join the family members at the table which inculcates social behavior in baby right from the early days. The one question about which parents usually wonder is that when is baby ready for it?
The answer to that question is a little tricky. Each child develops at a different pace which is why the answer to this question is ambiguous. However, you can expect your little one to be sitting on it when he/she is around 4-6 month old.
Readiness for High Chair
Physical milestones by your baby helps you in deciding if your baby is ready to sit in a high chair or not. If your baby is able to sit upright without any support, he/she is ready to sit on it. Your baby should show signs of stability while sitting in it.
The high chair that you are planning to buy will show age recommendation. Most of them will have recommendation of 6 months. You can start using the chair when your kid is 6 month old keeping his/her developmental milestones in mind. You definitely don’t want to rush sitting your kid on the chair.
Why do You Need A High Chair?
There are multiple benefits for babies as well as parents when your baby is ready to sit in the high-chair. Let’s take a look at the benefits of it.
- Makes Feeding Easier – When your baby is ready for the high chair, it makes feeding much easier. You, no longer, have to run behind your kid to feed. Instead, they can sit comfortably in the high chair which makes feeding them easier for you. When they are sitting in the high chair, you can prepare your own food or have your own meal with your kid. To make servings easy, there is a built-in cup holder
- Safety – Being a parent, the safety of your kid remains your top priority. It is designed keeping this thing in mind. Today’s best high chairs come with a lot of safety measures to protect your toddler or kid. They are equipped with safety belts to ensure that they are safe throughout their duration. Some models feature a reclining seat for the added comfort.
- No problem in cleaning – While eating, the kids can create mess. Cleaning the surface, clothes can be a problematic for parents. However, with the high-chair, cleaning is not problem. The only thing that can accumulate dirt is the clothes and the tray of the high-chair. You can simply clean the tray by running it down under the water. You can also use a damp cloth to remove the strain from the tray. Mealtime is no longer a dauting task for parents and babies.
- Other Activities – A high chair is not only useful for feeding kids but it can also be used for many other activities. It lets your kid sit comfortably in the chair and focus on their activities be it eating food or learning or playing. You can use high chair for honing their motor skills, teaching them or keep them engaged in various activities.
So, these are some of the benefits of having a high chair for your kid. The kid can develop social skills, learn new things while siting comfortably and safely in the high chair.
Use Reclining High Chairs
Since each kid develops at a different pace, there is no need to rush everything. If you think that your baby is not ready for a high chair or he/she has not developed good stability, you can consider using reclining high chair instead of normal ones. Some of the models come with reclining seats – you can consider buying that for your baby.
High Chair Safety Tips
As you are transitioning your baby into a high chair, there are a few important things that you must keep in mind.
- Always secure baby by strapping five point harness system.
- Prior to using the chair, make sure that the chair is not damaged. This can cause a serious problem to your baby. Ensure that everything that you need is already there.
- Make sure that it is stable and does not get tipped over. An unstable high chair can cause injury to your baby.
- Keep it close to you. Make sure that it is within your reach and you could take a look at it from wherever you are.
- Never eave your baby unattended when he/she is sitting in the it
It is important for those who are supervising the baby to know how the chair works. Make sure that the person knows how to secure the baby, how the lock mechanism works, how to remove the tray.
When your baby is ready for a high chair, it can be of great use to both parents and kids. It makes mealtime relaxing and less hectic for parents. So, if you are planning to get a one for your kid, Safe-O-Kid is one stop destination for all baby gears.
Safe-O-Kid has an array of chairs that you can consider buying depending upon the features your looking for. You will be able to grab a chair that ‘s budget-friendly so it does not burn a hole in your pocket.
To know more about us, you can get in touch with us.