Comprehensive Guidance for Preparing your Kids for Possible COVID 3rd Wave
As we emerge from the 2nd wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, speculations are already rife about the possibility of a 3rd wave hitting the country as early as September. While we will do all we can to keep ourselves and our little ones safe, the experts say it is time now to prepare the children to fight the virus as well.
With a possibility that the virus may be tougher on the little ones this time, it makes sense to get the immunity and health of your bundle of energy up and strong. Safe-O-Kid has taken the initiative to not just help you keep your little one safe from physical dangers of the world but also the ones that you cannot see, which is why we have here a set of expert advices that you can choose to follow for your child and get them ready to remain healthy and keep the infection at bay even if there is a 3rd wave.
View Quick Overview Video:
See detailed expert Interviews:
Dr. Reena Arora
Learn all about Ayurvedic measures and the Ayush Ministry COVID-19 advisory to ensure safety from the COVID-19 pandemic's 3rd wave for yourself as well as your little ones. Here's an excerpt of the chat we had with the Ayurveda specialist:
- Drink Hot Water
- Practice Yoga, Pranayama, meditation for at least half an hour
- Staying positive makes immunity better
- Turmeric milk once or twice a day with dry ginger powder
- Oil pulling therapy: Gargle with one spoon oil followed by gargle with hot water
- Eat only when absolutely hungry
- Post COVID: Eat Light easily digestible food
- Children also need to wear masks, COVID appropriate behavior
- Kids with genetic ailments or co-morbidities to consult an Ayurvedic doctor
Dr. Mahesh Mann
The Yoga guru helps you learn about tips and tricks to keep your children safe from the 3rd wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in a fun and healthy way. Here's a list of some tips that the Yoga expert shared with us:
- Sedentary lifestyle leads to lowered immunity but children can be safeguarded with Yoga.
- Yoga helps children gain not just physical immunity but also mental strength
- Children having any pre-existing conditions relating to the eyes, neck, back or knee, need to consult a doctor before starting Yoga practice.
- Meditation and Pranayam can prove to be helpful
- Children should be allowed to practice as much as they can according to their capacity
- Forcing the children to do Yoga is not advisable
Dr. Kriti Vashist
Hear what a renowned and accomplished child psychologist has to say about the 3rd Wave of COVID-19 and how it may affect the mental health of children. Learn, gain awareness and keep your little ones safe! Here is a gist of what the mental health expert had to say:
- The pandemic is affecting the mental health of not just children but adults as well.
- Parents need to be mentally healthy so that they can positively influence the children.
- If a child gets infected they should be shielded from exposure to media, social media and other sources of information that may not provide accurate and age appropriate information.
- There is a fine line between creating fear in the mind of a child and preparing them for a situation.
- Lockdown has cut down on physical activity or exercise, which is why children may gain weight uncontrollably.
- Be patient with them as they tend to get aggressive and attention seeking when they feel agitated.
- Parents can make a family routine including the child to keep them engaged and mentally healthy and happy.
- Channelize their energy to keep them from developing mental disorders such as ADHD.